- 3 pounds Tomatillos husks removed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 large jalapeno peppers
- 1 large onion cut into 8 pieces
- 1 head garlic separated into cloves and peeled
- 1 large handful cilantro stems and leaves
- 1 lime juiced
- Kosher salt to taste
- Place an oven rack a few inches below the broiler. Set the broiler to high.
- Place the tomatillos, cherry tomatoes, jalapenos, onion wedges and garlic on a large roasting pan. Broil for 6-7 minutes, until tomatillos and onions start to blacken.
- Flip ingredients over and broil an additional 6-7 minutes, until everything is soft and charred. If your broiler heats unevenly, slide the pan from one side of the oven to the other halfway through cooking.
- Allow the vegetables to sit on the roasting pan until cool enough to handle, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the seeds from the jalapenos (leave in for extra spicy salsa!). Place the vegetables into a food processor or blender, pouring in the accumulated juices on the sheet pan. Puree until small chunks remain.
- Add in the cilantro, lime juice, and a pinch of salt, and pulse to combine. Taste and add more salt if necessary.