Sometimes life calls for a quick and healthy snack. Whether it’s an appetizer for a gathering or an afternoon nosh to hold everyone over until dinner. This Fava Bean Pesto and Sauteed Greens on a Cracker will hit the spot. This recipe is high on fiber and vitamins, skip the fake food, and move right on to fueling your body the tasty way.
This recipe was a cooking demo courtesy of Let’s Grow Akron at the Summit Lake Neighborhood Farmer’s Market in Akron, Ohio. 7/2/2019
Fava Bean Pesto & Sautéed Greens on a Cracker
- 1 pound fava beans shelled
- 1 lg handful basil
- 1 lg handful parsley
- 1 lg garlic clove sliced
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese optional
- 1 bunch swiss chard roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 box crackers
- Put all pesto ingredients (fava beans through pepper) into a high speed blender or food processor. Blend or process until smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add swiss chard and sauté until tender; about 3-5 minutes.
- Spread pesto on each racker, top with sautéed greens, and ENJOY!