One of our favorite farmers market recipes so far! Carrots are combined with savory flavors to make this carrot hummus both a colorful and delicious way of staying on a healthy diet.
As a bonus, the flavor will make your mouth happy!
- 3 medium carrots peeled, rinsed and chopped
- 2 cans white or garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1-2 Basil stems for garnish
- Add the carrots, beans, water, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and seasonings in a food processor. Process until smooth and creamy. If needed, add additional water to thin out the hummus and or seasonings to taste preference.
- Garnish with basil. Served with favorite cheese, crackers, breads and fresh cut veggies. Store covered in the refrigerator.